I still haven't called in sick. I went to work this morning, and I was miserable. I ended up leaving early, which I've also never done before. But I was gracious. I needed the sleep. I e-mailed a prof to let her know that I was sick. I don't know if I'll still be able to turn in the assignment. It didn't matter to me though. I just went home and passed out. I had some strange dream about riding on a spaceship with my high school marching band. I think Strong Bad was in there somewhere too. Weird. Well, back to resting.



Ouch!!! I thought since it wasn't my face, it wouldn't hurt as much, but I was way wrong. That hurt a LOT...possibly more than my face did. The tylenol did absolutely nothing. I should have requested pain medication. Next time I definitely will. The nice thing is, they charged me $125 less than they said they were going to. That made it worth the holding my breath, gritting my teeth, squeezing my eyes shut, and gripping the stress balls with all my might worth it. And hey, since my chest hurt so much, I couldn't feel the achiness in my leg from the shot this morning at all.

On other happy news, I got a call from my boss. He decided to accept my application. So, it looks like I'll be interviewing on Monday for the job. That makes me happy. My two exams went pretty well also. So I have reason to be smiling I guess. Now let's hope that the LGBT meeting tonight goes well too. Speaking of which, I better get to that. See ya later.



I actually managed to inject myself. I didn't think I would be able to do it. It took about fifteen minutes to build up the courage. I iced my leg to numb it. It, again, wasn't so bad. I was shaking since I was so nervous about it, and that didn't help. My calf muscles were twitching while I was trying to push the estrogen in. I hope next time is easier. Now that that's over, all I have left are two exams, a laser appointment, an LGBT meeting to run, an online quiz to take, and an article to read and write a short paper on. Guess I should get started.

One quick thing though. Boo on CNN and anchor Tucker Carlson for their statements on air regarding trans-veterans yesterday. Here is the actual transcript of the show:

CARLSON: "Well, if there is one incontestable fact of human existence, it is that men look utterly ridiculous in women's underwear. Everyone knows this. But if you're a Democrat running for president, you're not allowed to say it. Men who wear women's underwear are one of your most reliable constituencies.

They're known as the transgender community. And you're required to take them very, very seriously. Anything less than that is bigotry. At a campaign event the other day, John Kerry took a question from the Transgender American Veterans Association, a group that lobbies the V.A. to spend tax dollars on voluntary castration -- sorry, sex reassignment -- for service members.

Would your administration support the transgender community?" he or possibly she asked Kerry? "Absolutely," Kerry seemed the say, promising to -- quote -- "fight for men who wear women's clothes if elected president." Come on, John Kerry, why can't anyone just tell the truth? You've got an Adam's apple, you shouldn't be wearing a

dress. If you do, fine, but don't expect the rest of us not to laugh. Please. Come on."

What a ridiculous thing to say on air. I'm shocked that CNN would even allow this sort of statement. I would hope there will be a formal apology. However, if there isn't, CNN can expect a barrage of unwanted e-mail. Way to be an ignorant fool Tucker.



:( I'm getting sick. I haven't been sick in over a year. I don't wanna be sick. Waaaaaaaa. Well, it's too late now. I'm blowing my nose and sneezing. In just a few more days my nose will be all red and raw. Likely I will spend the weekend sleeping. Hopefully I can kick the cold pretty quickly. I'm usually pretty resiliant.

The worst part is that I have two exams tomorrow. I just hope the cold doesn't hit it's worst tomorrow. I want to be able to think for both tests. One is in japanese, and the last test in there I didn't do as well as I know I could have. I want to be sure to do well on this one. And then there's my communications class that I absolutely HAVE to do well on. I'm not looking forward to tomorrow.

I'm so glad this happened this weekend instead of last weekend though. That would have been very bad. I'm wondering if getting sick is related to how much stress and work I've had lately. It probably does. I'm so overworked. And last night I applied for the station manager postion at my job. That'll just give me more work. What was I thinking?

Well, I think it's back to work time. See ya.



Friday at 3:00 began the hardest weekend I've had ever. There was a conference this weekend that I had multiple duties at. The conference staff asked me as Vice President of the LGBT group to host a social event at the conference, and they asked me as a production employee of the campus TV station to shoot and edit a video for them.

I started shooting at 3:00. I went through 3 batteries and two tapes that night. That's a lot of video for the 15 minute video it was supposed to be turned into. I had one person there to help me shoot too. So we had two cameras going. It was crazy at this conference too. People were cheering and dancing around before all the actual opening ceremonies went on. It was a long night. My hand hurt from holding the camera by the end of it.

The social for the LGBT was that night. Prior to that was a drag show. There were a ton of people there for the drag show, despite the fact that the show was mediocre at best. We had two performers. One that's semi professional, and the other which was most definitely not. She looked like an ugly, pregnant woman. In the video, I used discretion and didn't include the not so professional one. People generally seemed to enjoy the show though.

The social itself was a huge, huge flop. I was so disappointed. No one came to it. The cleaning staff insisted on cleaning everything up after the drag show, including vacuuming. There were some people that would walk in, see the cleaners, assume nothing was happening, and leave. Their assumptions were right though. Nothing was happening. When everyone rushed out at the end of the drag show, I knew no one was going to stay for the social. I cried. I felt responsible for the failure of it. I knew there were more than a few factors behind it, but it was my event. I went home after that and slept.

The next morning was more shooting until 11:00. At that point I started editing. I edited the footage for 7 hours into a final 18.5 minute video. That was probably the most difficult thing of the whole weekend. Three hours of footage had to be cut down to 15 to 20 minutes. At about 3:00, I started feeling the pressure, since I had about 2.5 minutes of the video done, and had 3 hours left to do the rest. I did get it done though. At 6:30 pm, I ran to the banquet hall and dropped off the tape.

The rest of the evening was fun. It was a live production of the awards ceremony. I got to be the close up camera operator. It turned out really well. After the awards, they played my video. People were cheering and laughing. There were 375+ people there. It's not often you have an audience like that to give immediate feedback. It was a thrill. I got hugs and thank you's all night. Then...I got to go back on camera and tape some more. Finally at midnight, I went home and passed out. I slept for 12 hours straight; I was so exhausted.

Sunday I spent at the TV station editing a different project and doing my laundry. Nothing too special. I went to the meeting that night and actually had the thought of applying for the open station manager position. I think I could handle it quite well. Tonight I'm going to get an application and fill it out. Wish me luck. Time for me to go get some lunch. Talk to you all later. Bye.