I'll start with the most recent news and move backwards. So...today I spent most of the day recovering from surgery. Though, I did go out and shop with my mom and dad. I managed to get some presents for people while out. I'm pretty happy with what I found too. I hope Chris and my little sister like them. I also went clothes shopping with mom. We got some new, cute things for me since I've been in great need of clothing. It was fun and I even ran into a high school friend. That was cool.

Yesterday I spent mostly resting. Well, that is...after I got home from the Hospital. My dad and I left home at about 4:00 am so we would get to the hospital in time. I had to be there by 6:00. During the drive, we talked a lot. I figured I'd just fall asleep, but that didn't happen. It was a great Father - Daughter bonding moment. I liked it. When we got there, it went really smoothly. That was a surprise.

I checked in, and almost immediately I got called in for prep. They did the few tests they had to, and got the IV ready. At 7:30 I was put under and the surgery began. A few hours later I woke up. While I was still dizzy and groggy, they had me get dressed and walk out to meet with my surgeon so he could tell me how it went. He said "The surgery went well...no, scratch that. It went, very well. He then went to ask me some other questions, but I was so dizzy from the anesthesia that I couldn't really hear him. When he finished talking to me, I was pretty much sent on my way. My dad and I hopped in the car and headed home. This time I slept the whole way home.

I had the area on ice the whole day. The hospital had given me a nice reusable ice pack that worked very well. I had to crab walk when the ice was there and I had to get anything though. It looked like I was wearing a diaper. The pain was pretty minimal, and has been diminishing with time. I'm bleeding a little bit, but not compared to last time at all. Right now, the whole area is swollen and there are some bruises. My surgeon also said I can't have sex for six weeks. Darn, and you know...I had been planning it with my significant other that doesn't exist for a while. Looks like I'll just have to cancel. ;) But anyway, the whole thing went off without a hitch. I couldn't have asked for it to have gone better.

Jumping backwards here, Tuesday was GenderPAC day. I spent at least a month and a half planning this event with the commission of student senate I'm a part of. I've had this crazy idea of making my college a part of the Gender Youth network of GenderPAC. This required a training session on campus. That means we had to get money to fly someone from the organization here. I ended up having to present a bill to senate to get the money. It was a unanimous vote in favor. I was so proud.

So, when the training session happened, I figured there would be a bunch of people from senate there since they had talked it up at the general assembly. I was wrong. There were at most 15 people there. Now, there are good and bad sides to that. Bad...because there are 10,000 people on campus and we only got 15 of them to come. Good...because it was very condusive to discussion. It still went off well and the people who came were impressed and excited to see where this all was going. I, again, was proud. I hope the new coalition works out well.

Continued on extended section...

Moving back to last weekend, I came home to my parents house and brought my best college friend, Chris, with me. We had a good time. He got to meet one of my other best friends from college, Seth. Saturday Chris got to meet my family and even an uncle I rarely ever see. That was cool. After that, Chris and I had to go to his hometown to get fitted for a tux. He's standing up in a friend's wedding. While in that town, we met with some of his friends.

While we were visiting the bar he bartends for when he's home, they were preparing for a big drag show. One queen walked in bitching about how hard it is to be a woman. He then said something to the effect of "Women have no idea how hard it is. It takes a man to know how it is to be a real woman." He then turned to me and said "No offense" of which I responded with "None Taken" and smirked. The other queens in the room already knew and they were just laughing. It was a great moment.

Sunday I drove my sister to her school, and Chris and I went back to our school. When we got back, I had to go to several meetings at the TV station, then go chalk the campus mall. I ran into Chris later only to find out that I missed seeing the Northern Lights. That kinda bothered me. I never get to see them. I walked home, never looked up. After I got home, I went inside and started getting unpacked. I took the garbage out and just happened to see a cloud out of the corner of my eye. I looked up to discover it was a moving cloud. The northern lights were still going on. They were very active too. I'd never seen them dance like that. There were blues and greens. It was one of the most beautiful sights I've ever seen. I stood outside for a half hour just in awe at the sky. What a way to end a weekend.

On a completely unrelated note, I've been somewhat promoted at work. I now am in charge of the helpdesk website. I get an underling too. This should be fun. I get to learn new stuff along the way. On top of that, I've been put on the Mac team. I don't know a lot about Macintosh, but I'm more than happy to learn. This will all refect well on my raise at the end of the semester. I will likely and hopefully be making over $7 an hour, which is pretty good for a campus job.

This coming week will be pretty damn busy again. I have a take home exam to turn in, a speech to write, a two hour program to shoot and have edited by Thursday, be prepared to give another program on Thursday afternoon, and then again next weekend at a conference. After that, I will finally have a break for Thanksgiving weekend. That will be nice.

Ok, I think it's time for me to either A: go get some ice cream, or B: go to bed. I haven't decided yet. I have, however, decided that this post is entirely too long. So, to make a long story short...the end.